WELCOME BACK COUGARS
HOTKEYS of the Week
Most STM students spend more time browsing the web than in any other application. Why not browse more efficiently. Here are several more browser hotkeys to help you step up your game.
- Ctrl+Tab = Switch to the next tab
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab = Switch to the previous tab
- Ctrl+Shift+T = Reopen the last closed tab
- Ctrl+T = Open a new tab
- Ctrl+N = Open a new browser window
- Alt+F4 = Close the current window
- Ctrl+F5 = Reload and skip the cache
- Escape = Stop
- Alt+Home = Open homepage
- Ctrl and + = Zoom in
- Ctrl and - = Zoom out
- Ctrl+L = Focus the address bar so you can begin typing
- Ctrl+F = Open the in-page search box to search on the current page
- Ctrl+G = Find the next match of the searched text on the page
- Ctrl+H = Open the browsing history
- Ctrl+D – Bookmark the current website
- Ctrl+P – Print the current page
- Ctrl+S – Save the current page to your computer
CELLPHONE DEMAGNETIZES SCHOOL ID
Don’t put your school ID near your cellphone. It can demagnetize the ID which is needed for printing. If your ID becomes demagnetized, you will have to either purchase another one, or type in your active directory username and password every time you try to print to the Follow You printer.
Have you synced your OneNote notebooks yet?
What are you waiting for? Follow the steps in this POWERPOINT to sync your notebooks to Microsoft SkyDrive Live and never have to worry about backing up your notebooks again. It is especially helpful when you have to get a loaner. You can download your notebooks onto the loaner from SkyDrive within minutes. In addition, Microsoft OneNote app allows you access to your notebooks anywhere, anytime.
Customize Your Moodle Homepage
Customize your user homepage in Moodle so you can see the courses you want to see in the order in which you want to see them. No longer will you have to scroll down or search for the course you are looking for, especially those pesky hidden courses.
STM Moodle Goes Mobile
Take the STM Moodle on the go with the Moodle app. Just download the MY MOODLE app on your smartphone and access your course resources and assignments anywhere. Simply link the app to the STM Moodle (moodle.stmcougars.net) and log into your account. Enjoy mobile Moodling.
It May Be "UNOFFICIAL" But It Works
Keeping track of your grades just got easier with the "Unofficial" Edline app. You can access your grades anywhere, anytime with this nifty new app.
Don't let the name fool you. The app may be "unofficial" but it works very well. Just look for the "Unofficial Edline" app from Ramblingwood LLC.
Don't Upgrade PDF Annotator
PDF Annotator is a program on your tablet that allows you to open and ink on any PDF file. The annotated document then can be saved directly back to PDF format. When you open PDF Annotator the first time (and maybe other times as we upgrade to a more recent program version. Always respond "NO"--this is an advertising scheme to try to get you to buy another version of their product. If you select "Yes" your current version of PDF Annotator will no longer work properly and will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Save yourself a trip to Help Desk by always answering such questions carefully.
Technology Department: A Few Gentle Reminders
- Come with your tablet FULLY CHARGED every day, and remember to bring your charger.
- During the school day, keep your tablet in the FLAK JACKET anytime it is not being used.
- Do not leave your tablet unattended; lock it in your LOCKER at lunch and during PE .
- Come by the library this week to REGISTER YOUR ID for Follow You printing.
- RESTART your computer on campus every day. It will better help us to help you, as we push updates and simple repairs to your tablet and software.
- Do NOT put your SCHOOL ID in your pocket or backpack near your cell phone, because the phone will demagnetize your ID. You ID will no longer play nicely with the school printers.
- SYNC ONENOTE NOTEBOOKS to Windows Skydrive.
- The HELP DESK is open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. every day; however, make every effort to attend to minor issues before school, during lunch or after school.